Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day

I was not impressed with this years Earth Day.

That's no real shock because I have never been impressed by Earth Day. It seems to have no value at all. "What did you do for Earth Day?" was not heard once today at work. Out of the hundreds of people I see every day, there was only a small few that even knew.

I woke up that day to the sound of robins singing outside at 4:30 A.M. It was really annoying, I don't remember them being up this early before? I found out that the singing was so loud because
the damn bird was signing at the top of my chimney. I missed it with the rocks I threw only because it was so early and so dark. But I scared him away!

I see that the province of Ontario wants to ban all private use of pesticides for cosmetic purposes. I'm not gona like that since I have Hay Fever and all I don't need is more ragweed. Maybe I should make a note of that and ask for an exemption for medical purposes? (writing note to self....)

And Damn-it-all, I better get a new gas lawn mower, because it sounds like they will be banning them next in the cities. Maybe I'll just buy a goat and rent him out to the neighborhood?

I just can't get used to all the new bans that keep popping up because groups of self-righteous zealots want to control the world one neighborhood and city at a time. I'm sick of the anti-smoking Nazi's (Yes I said Nazi!). They were fascists just like the global warming fanatics.

Screw this. I'm going to light a nice big tire fire tonight.

G

No comments: